[one-users] How to prepare window 7 image (Contextization)

chenxiang at aquala-tech.com chenxiang at aquala-tech.com
Tue Jul 23 06:44:22 PDT 2013

Assuming that I have only one LAN that is being served by an NAT server.
All the VM's are within the sam LAN, so they need to connect to the
outside world through a gateway, which is not xxx.xxx.xxx.1.

With the following context, the Virtual Router VM only gets the correct
IP, but not the gateway nor the dns:

CONTEXT=[
  DHCP="YES",
  DNS="8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8",
  PRIVNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"MY-LAN\"]",
  RADVD="NO",
  TARGET="hdb",
  TEMPLATE="$TEMPLATE" ]

The gateway within the Virtual Router VM is xxx.xxx.xxx.1, while the DNS
servers are 172.16.0.1.

With the following context, the Virtual Router VM now gets the correct IP
address, gateway, and dns:

CONTEXT=[
  DHCP="YES",
  DNS="8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8",
  PRIVNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"MY-LAN\"]",
  PUBNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"MY-LAN\"]",
  RADVD="NO",
  TARGET="hdb",
  TEMPLATE="$TEMPLATE" ]

However, the Windows XP guest OS still gets the IP address of the Virtual
Router VM as the gateway and DNS.

Best regards,

Chen Xiang