[one-users] Auto rescaling of resources

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:53:44 PDT 2013

Kind of like DRS for vmware? In theory this is a great idea but in practice
there are real drawbacks. In general, cloud environments should provide
resources that people pay for, not what they use. If I paid for 4 cpu and 8
GB of ram, I should get that, not more or less. This means that over
subscription should be minimal and I should be able to run the same jobs
any time of the day and get consistent performance.