[one-users] Summer Time, Release Time!

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 15 04:15:12 PDT 2013

Hi

It's summer time and we know that there maybe some spare time for software
updates. There are a bunch of new 4.2 features and bug fixes ready in the
repo, so we've decided to release them and move all the pending features to
4.4 (so basically we keep all the planning we made for 4.2).

In particular, this quick 4.2 release will feature:

1.- Greatly improved VMware drivers, with less dependencies and simplified
model, and many new features.

2.- Support for Xen4 hypervisor through xl

3.- Simple provisioning tab for Sunstone

4.- Other minor enhancements here and there like datastore monitoring, more
hooks...

5.- OneFlow, the multi-tier application management totally integrated in
OpenNebula distribution and with a lot of new features for
auto-scaling/elasticity, management...

We expect to finish the certification process late this week. We've also
upgraded the certification/testing infrastructure so there maybe some
unexpected delays...

Cheers

Ruben

--
Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 in Berlin, 24-26 September, 2013