[one-users] iSCSI multipath

Mihály Héder mihaly.heder at sztaki.mta.hu
Mon Jan 21 09:29:24 PST 2013

Hi,

lvm metadata[1] is simply stored on the disk. In the setup we are
discussing this happens to be a  shared virtual disk on the storage,
so any other hosts that are attaching the same virtual disk should see
the changes as they happen, provided that they re-read the disk. This
re-reading step is what you can trigger with lvscan, but nowadays that
seems to be unnecessary. For us it works with Centos 6.3 so I guess Sc
Linux should be fine as well.

Cheers
Mihály

[1] http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/lvm_metadata.html