[one-users] OpenNebula multi-site --- question

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Jan 18 03:02:50 PST 2013

Hi,

The oZones component [1] offers a centralized way to manage different
OpenNebula instances, a single entry point for users of the different
zones, and a mechanism to divide each zone in small administrative domains
(Virtual Data Centers).
But each zone is not aware of the other ones, and you cannot move resources
between them.

The kind of high availability that you describe can be enabled within each
OpenNebula instance though, using the fault tolerance hooks [2] you can
redeploy the VMs that were running on a crashed Host.

Best regards.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:ozones
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:ftguide
--