[one-users] IP reservations in virtual networks

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Jan 16 07:22:19 PST 2013

Hi,

VNet hold/release is not meant for your use case, it was implemented to
hold IPs that may be temporarily used by a physical host, or some machines
not managed by OpenNebula.

Maybe you could put your VM in the hold state [1], that will take the vnet
lease, and you can later release the VM to be deployed.

Regards

[1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:vm_guide_2#life-cycle_operations
--