[one-users] Instance Console Output

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Jan 16 05:43:20 PST 2013

I think the best place to do this is in the vmm "deploy" script. In
"domain" variable you will have the path of the deployment file you
want to modify. Do it after the cat command or maybe use sed or other
command instead of cat to modify the xml and write it to the
destination file (deploy).

Instead of getting VMID or SYSTEMDATASTORE you can just get the
directory where deployment.0 will be located (domain). Using basename
will give you that path:

DIR=`basename "$domain"`

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Ricardo Duarte <rjtd21 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am planning to add a "console output" tab to Sunstone, that will show the
> boot process output. For that I need to capture the boot process into a log.
> I am able to generate the console output by editing the deployment file
> manually, and it works fine.
> Now I need to automate, and would like to ask for some guidance.
> The changes are the following:
>
> deployment.$VMID
>
>  <serial type="file">
>   <source
> path="/var/lib/one/datastores/$SYSTEMDATASTORE/$VMID/console.log"/>
>  </serial>
>
> I need to:
>
> - Pre-create the console.log file, otherwise the instance will not start;
> where/how should I do it?
> - Add the serial port to the template, with parameters that must be expanded
> (the $VMID and $SYSTEMDATASTORE); how should I do it?
>
> Regards,
> Ricardo

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula