[one-users] Instance Console Output

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:02:28 PST 2013

Hi there,

I am planning to add a "console output" tab to Sunstone, that will show the boot process output. For that I need to capture the boot process into a log.
I am able to generate the console output by editing the deployment file manually, and it works fine.
Now I need to automate, and would like to ask for some guidance.
The changes are the following:

deployment.$VMID

 <serial type="file">
  <source path="/var/lib/one/datastores/$SYSTEMDATASTORE/$VMID/console.log"/>
 </serial>

I need to:

- Pre-create the console.log file, otherwise the instance will not start; where/how should I do it?
- Add the serial port to the template, with parameters that must be expanded (the $VMID and $SYSTEMDATASTORE); how should I do it?

Regards,
Ricardo