[one-users] Hooks VMID was changes to ID, no changelog?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Jan 3 03:04:16 PST 2013

Hi Ricardo,

We have a compatibility guide that should address this need. However, we
fail to include the $VMID, $HID to $ID change. I've already added

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:compatibility#configuration_file_changes

Thanks for the heads up!

Ruben

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Ricardo Duarte <rjtd21 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> Maybe I'm wrong here, but I totally missed the change from VMID to ID on
> the hooks on the changelog.
> So, as a result, the following hooks resulted in all my /var/lib/one to be
> deleted:
>

> VM_HOOK = [
>    name      = "vmdir_cleanup",
>    on        = "DONE",
>    command   = "/bin/rm",
>    arguments = "-r /var/lib/one/$VMID" ]
>

> Fortunately this was on my test environment.
>
> Where can I track these changes in the future?
> As a suggestion, I would say that these (small) changes should be
> published on the changelog, as they can have a huge impact.
>

> Best regards,
> Ricardo

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect