[one-users] OpenNebula multi-site --- question

Giovanni Ponti giovanni.ponti at enea.it
Thu Jan 17 03:00:36 PST 2013

I'm Giovanni Ponti, an ENEA researcher based in Portici Research Center.
One of my research interest is Cloud Computing, and I'm following and
organizing cloud experiences in ENEA-GRID.

We are planning to have a multi-site cloud envorinment among ENEA
computational centers (that are six). At the moment, we have installed
OpenNebula only in one site (i.e., Portici one), and we are evaluating a
further installation on another ENEA site.

My question regards the ways in which two (or more) OpenNebula
installation may communicate and/or interact to export a whole
integrated cloud enviroment. In particular, as I know that OpenNebula
provides several interfaces to export cloud facilities and to perform
remote action (e.g., OCCI), it is not particularly clear how aspect
ragardering virtual machines are handled, such as vm migration among
sites or other.

Thanks in advance for your reply(s)

Giovanni

--