[one-users] OpenNebula 3.2 and hybrid shared / ssh transfer mode

Steven C Timm timm at fnal.gov
Wed Jan 16 06:09:18 PST 2013

We currently have a production cloud of two head nodes plus five VM hosts running OpenNebula 3.2 in a ssh-based transfer mode with the
Image repo stored on local disk.   We have three more nodes which are currently hooked up to a SAN with a shared GFS-based
File system.

I would like to add these three nodes to the cloud with "shared" transfer mode and do some tests before I add the other nodes to the SAN and make that our default transfer mode.  I know OpenNebula 3.8 would let us define an alternative data store and an alternative cluster.  But is there any way to do it under OpenNebula 3.2 without actually moving my image repo to the SAN?
The only  thing I can think of is to rsync the local-disk shared repo to the SAN for the time being.  Other ideas are welcome.

Steve Timm