[one-users] a port named vnet0 already exists

christopher barry cbarry at rjmetrics.com
Mon Jan 7 10:37:17 PST 2013

Greetings,

I have a brand new test setup of ONE compiled from master.

I'm running OpenVPN on the hypervisors, and ovpn is using tap0
interface, subsequently ovpn is also using vmnet0 as it's ovs switch
port.

Jan  7 13:27:13 hyper-02 ovs-vsctl: 00001|vsctl|INFO|Called
as /usr/local/bin/ovs-vsctl --timeout=5 -vconsole:warn -- add-port br0
vnet0 -- comment ovs-brcompatd: addif br0 vnet0

Jan  7 13:27:13 hyper-02 ovs-vsctl: 00002|vsctl|ERR|cannot create a port
named vnet0 because a port named vnet0 already exists on bridge br0

When I try to instantiate a vm, (immediately after booting the
hypervisor) it gives the messages above in /var/log/messages, and fails.

Am I doing something obviously wrong here?

Thanks,
-C