[one-users] CLVM datastore

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 28 07:32:32 PST 2013

Hi Kapetanakis.

I think you can achieve all those things without hacking code.

* Using block devices directly:

A suggested workflow to work directly with block devices is to create a new
empty persistent image of type datablock and use it inside a VM and install
the OS directly to that image. If you do think the only actions are
"lvcreate" and "mkfs" on the new LV.

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:img_guide#create_images

* Attaching a CDROM

That should definitely work. If it's not working then there might be a
problem with the installation or the OpenNebula templates.
I couldn't find out how to do that with templates. Making CDROM images
didn't work since it asked for IDE controller which was not pressent. Can
you elaborate a bit more on the problems you're having with CDROM images?
ISO image do work.

* Passing options to the vm's XML

There is a specific RAW attribute precisely for this:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:template#raw_section

cheers,
Jaime

--