[one-users] onetemplate and dynamic names

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 20 06:36:00 PST 2013

Hi,

That is what the --name option does. From the man page [1]

--name name        Name of the new VM or TEMPLATE. When instantiating
                           multiple VMs you can use the "%i" wildcard to
produce
                           different names such as vm-0, vm-1...

For example: onetemplate instantiate 1 --name somestring-%i -m 4

In OpenNebula 4.0 this will change and VMs will be named by default
'templatename-<vmid>', instead of 'one-<vmid>'

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/doc/3.8/cli/onetemplate.1.html

--
Carlos Martín, MSc