[one-users] NICs configuration

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 20 02:51:44 PST 2013

It is a problem with the configuration scripts of ttylinux. By default
it only starts 2 interfaces, even if the kernel sees more.

Form the top of my mind, this may not be totally correct:

* Go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
* Copy ifup-eth0 to ifup-eth2 and change eth0 to eth2 in the script
  # sed 's/eth0/eth2/' ifup-eth0 > ifup-eth2
* Do the same for any other number of interfaces
* Delete the configuration files for interfaces generated in that
directory, I think they may be called ifcfg-eth0 and so on
* Issue a saveas for that disk
* Shutdown the vm (in the case of ttylinux and kvm you may need to
cancel it, execute sync in the vm before canceling it)

You should have a new image that supports more interfaces.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Túlio Gomes
<tulio.gomesbarbosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, i don't think so Carlos, because i can configure the third nic
> manually.
>
> But i'll try to instantiate a vm using an ubuntu image and return to you.
>

> 2013/2/19 Carlos Martín Sánchez <cmartin at opennebula.org>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've checked that template, the 3 NICs are created correctly, and the
>> deployment file contains the 3 network interfaces. It must be a limitation
>> of ttylinux.
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Carlos Martín, MSc
>> Project Engineer
>> OpenNebula - The Open-source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
>> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM, Túlio Gomes
>> <tulio.gomesbarbosa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> i'd tried to deploy a virtual machine with three nic's using the
>>> following template:
>>>
>>> <TEMPLATE>
>>> <CPU>0.2</CPU>
>>> <MEMORY>128</MEMORY>
>>> <DISK> <IMAGE_ID>7</IMAGE_ID> </DISK>
>>> <NIC> <NETWORK_ID>26</NETWORK_ID> </NIC> <!-- control network -->
>>> <NIC> <NETWORK_ID>23</NETWORK_ID> </NIC> <!-- test network 1; vlan
>>> isolation -->
>>> <NIC> <NETWORK_ID>25</NETWORK_ID> </NIC> <!-- test network 2; vlan
>>> isolation -->
>>> </TEMPLATE>
>>>
>>> I also used the ttylinux image available at opennebula marketplace.
>>>
>>> The deploy was completed successfully, but when i ssh the vm i'd noticed
>>> that only two nics was configured (eth0 and eth1).
>>>
>>> What can i do to configure all the nics using the NIC attribute?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Atenciosamente,
>>> Túlio Gomes Barbosa
>>> br.linkedin.com/in/tuliogomesbarbosa