[one-users] Opennebula scheduler does not fullfil requirements

Alberto Picón Couselo alpicon1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:17:09 PST 2013

Hi, there.

I have a problem trying to deploy a KVM VMs using Opennebula 3.8. We
have XEN and KVM hypervisors.

When we specify REQUIREMENTS="HYPERVISOR=\"xen\"" in a XEN VM template,
the scheduler filters and chooses the hypervisor host correctly.

However, when we create a KVM host and specify
REQUIREMENTS="HYPERVISOR=\"kvm\"" in a KVM VM template, it never fullfil
requirements and the VM is never deployed.

We have checked KVM host, and it is monitored correctly:

ID                    : 7
NAME                  : kvm-4
CLUSTER               : -
STATE                 : MONITORED
IM_MAD                : im_kvm
VM_MAD                : vmm_kvm
VN_MAD                : 802.1Q
LAST MONITORING TIME  : 02/18 23:07:19

HOST SHARES
TOTAL MEM             : 47.3G
USED MEM (REAL)       : 245.2M
USED MEM (ALLOCATED)  : 0K
TOTAL CPU             : 1600
USED CPU (REAL)       : 0
USED CPU (ALLOCATED)  : 0
RUNNING VMS           : 0

MONITORING INFORMATION
ARCH="x86_64"
CPUSPEED="1596"
FREECPU="1600.0"
FREEMEMORY="49308672"
HOSTNAME="kvm-4"
HYPERVISOR="kvm"
NETRX="0"
NETTX="468"
TOTALCPU="1600"
TOTALMEMORY="49559748"
USEDCPU="0.0"
USEDMEMORY="251076"

The KVM VM Template states:

REQUIREMENTS="HYPERVISOR=\"kvm\""

If we deploy the KVM VM, the scheduler log output is as follows:

Mon Feb 18 22:55:44 2013 [SCHED][D]: Host 1 filtered out. It does not
fullfil REQUIREMENTS.
Mon Feb 18 22:55:44 2013 [SCHED][D]: Host 2 filtered out. It does not
fullfil REQUIREMENTS.
Mon Feb 18 22:55:44 2013 [SCHED][D]: Host 7 filtered out. It does not
fullfil REQUIREMENTS.
Mon Feb 18 22:55:44 2013 [SCHED][I]: Selected hosts:
          PRI    HID  VM: 57

We have tried to use NAME directive too, using:

REQUIREMENTS="NAME=\"kvm-4\""

and it does not fullfil requirements either. We have created the host
using Sunstone and onehost command line tool we same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance,
Alberto Picón