[one-users] Add network context variables automatically

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Mon Feb 18 08:15:33 PST 2013

That feature will come in 4.0. You will be able to use '--net_context'
to fill the network configuration in the contextualization [1]. In
Sunstone will also be an option that will fill the variables for you.

Meanwhile you will need to add the network paramaters to the context
part manually [2].

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:vm_guide#defining_a_vm_in_3_steps
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:context_overview#preparing_the_template

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Oriol Martí <omarti at cesca.cat> wrote:
> Hello,
> after looking the mechanism of the contextualization variables to set the
> network configuration, my idea is to pass the network parameters with
> contextualization, my idea is to add to the context variables the IP,
> netmask, DNS,... of the related NICs.
>
> I've been thinking to add a hook on create a VM, but I don't know if I can
> modify the context variables at this point, does anybody know if is
> possible?
> Maybe another solution could be launching the hook on the physical node and
> modifying directly the cdrom image that opennebula creates, but I'm not sure
> if this procedure it will be good because maybe the cdrom image is not
> created when the hook is launched and can fail easily.
>
> Does anybody know if is possible to do? Maybe the only solution is modifying
> source code? Where can I start?
>
> Thank you all,

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula