[one-users] Bridge, context , save image problem

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 14 05:42:46 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM, GyeongRyoon Kim <grkim at kisti.re.kr> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> 1. bridge problem
>
> I have a three host machin for Opennebula
>
> Each machine  has 2 ethernet card( eth0 for public , eth1 for private)
>
> I want to make bridge for vm , virtualmachin need to access other vm and
> can access to outside network
>
> How can I make bridge on each host machine?

This is exactly the example given in the Virtual Network guide [1]. You
need to create two bridges, and two different Virtual Networks. Then you
can create a VM that uses both vnets, adding two NIC attributes.

2. context problem

> I read http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel2.2:cong  for
> contextualizing , but still confusing.
>
> What i'm understaing is , context files(context.sh, init.sh , etc...)
> should be in ISO image.
>
> But ISO image is readonly file. How can do that?

This [2] is the link for the 3.8 guides. The iso file is automatically
created by opennebula, and it will contain context.sh and any other files
you may add.

3. Image save porblem

> Assume that  If I lauch virtual machine successfuly(assign ip, with
> certificate, etc...),
>
> After that, I install packages what i need.
>
> How can I lauch serveral vm with that configured image ? (But IP address
> and hostname should be assign differently)

Ok, first you need to have a VM template that uses a registered Image.
You make the image persistent [3] before you launch the first VM, this way
it will keep your changes after the VM is shut down. Then make the image
non-persistent, and all the following VM instances from the same template
will use a different copy of the Image.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:vgg
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:context_overview