[one-users] unable to cold migrate

Jürgen Weber jurgen.weber at theiconic.com.au
Wed Feb 6 18:53:14 PST 2013

On 07/02/13 11:49, Jürgen Weber wrote:
> I can now get NEW VM's working on my new HOST. Now that I know this
> functionality works I am back to attempting to migrate. To test this I
> am attempting to start a new VM on the MASTER server which looks
> impossible. Why? Because now if I have both hosts in the same cluster
> it will automatically just deploy on the HOST if I remove them from
> the cluster it will not deploy at all just sit there on PENDING.
>
> If I attempt to manipulate this using REQUIREMENTS="NAME =
> \"MASTER*\"", it will sit there doing nothing with a state of PENDING
> in both are in the same cluster (ID_100). What I am noticing is that
> OpenNebula/SunStone is inserting some default REQUIREMENT which is "
> CLUSTER_ID = 100" into the template, how can I turn that off? How
> should I handle this? I do not require clustering I would just like
> the MASTER and NODE to host VM's.

Ok, I had no CPU resrouces left this is why I could not deploy antoher
to the MASTER, I have identified and resolved all of these issues. One
questiosn about the concept of Clusters. If I remove the created Cluster
under Infrastructure --> Clusters in SunStone will this effect anything
else? Is it just a tag/grouping mechanism. I ask because when I hit
'delete' in SunStone it says "This will delete the selected VMs from the
database". That of course scares me but I think its wrong.

Now I am back to where I started, I am unable to migrate.

Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][I]: Successfully execute network driver
operation: pre.
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][I]: Command execution fail:
/var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/restore /var/lib/one//datastores/0/191/checkpoint
HOST.matrix 191 HOST.matrix
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][E]: restore: Command "virsh --connect
qemu:///system restore /var/lib/one//datastores/0/191/checkpoint"
failed: error: Failed to restore domain from
/var/lib/one//datastores/0/191/checkpoint
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][I]: error: Failed to create file
'/var/lib/one//datastores/0/191/checkpoint': Operation not permitted
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][E]: Could not restore from
/var/lib/one//datastores/0/191/checkpoint
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][I]: ExitCode: 1
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][I]: Failed to execute virtualization
driver operation: restore.
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [VMM][E]: Error restoring VM: Could not restore
from /var/lib/one//datastores/0/191/checkpoint
Thu Feb  7 13:47:46 2013 [DiM][I]: New VM state is FAILED

Some questions, this command what machine does it run on? The machine
that it is on, or the machine it is migrating to? (So in my case Master
being the machien the VM is on, and HOST being the machine we are
migrating to).

As explained in my other emails, I can startup a new host without issues
so its just this checkpoint/restore process that breaks.

I can run the command manually as root and the oneadmin user on the HOST.

So where do I look? What is my problem?

Thanks

Jurgen

--