[one-users] unable to cold migrate

Jürgen Weber jurgen.weber at theiconic.com.au
Wed Feb 6 16:49:33 PST 2013

On 06/02/13 20:31, Ruben S. Montero wrote:

> So, then you have solved you restore issue? The permission issue is
> usually because a misconfigured qemu.conf (dynamic_ownership [1]) or a
> problem accessing the datastore from the hosts (mount points, mismatch
> ID of oneadmin...)
>
> Regarding the network problem you have to create bridge1 in the hosts
> and bind it to the target physical Host for the dummy configuration.
> However if you are using other modes like 802.1Q then the bridge is
> created for you. This depends on how the host was defined. Information
> about networking modes and configuration is here[2]

Yes, I had this setup incorrectly compared to my MASTER host which was
setup as 802.1Q. Once I changed it the networking worked as expected. I
had another problem with my VM templates after that, VNC unable to bind
to an IP which existed on another server once I worked that out.. All is
well.

I can now get NEW VM's working on my new HOST. Now that I know this
functionality works I am back to attempting to migrate. To test this I
am attempting to start a new VM on the MASTER server which looks
impossible. Why? Because now if I have both hosts in the same cluster it
will automatically just deploy on the HOST if I remove them from the
cluster it will not deploy at all just sit there on PENDING.

If I attempt to manipulate this using REQUIREMENTS="NAME = \"MASTER*\"",
it will sit there doing nothing with a state of PENDING in both are in
the same cluster (ID_100). What I am noticing is that
OpenNebula/SunStone is inserting some default REQUIREMENT which is "
CLUSTER_ID = 100" into the template, how can I turn that off? How should
I handle this? I do not require clustering I would just like the MASTER
and NODE to host VM's.

Jurgen

--
Jürgen Weber