[one-users] opennebula dead but subsys locked

Jon Bogaty jbogaty at totsy.com
Mon Feb 18 09:11:30 PST 2013

Hi Tino,
I also am having this issue. I installed using packages downloaded from
OpenNebula.org. It was an upgraded from 3.4 through 3.6 to 3.8.1. I noticed
that my init.d scripts have not been updated since October of last year.
Were they upgraded with the installation? Why are there specifiers in the
init script that do not work with a specific version? Shouldn’t each version
come with an init script that works for that version? I would like to figure
out how either the init scripts can be updated to work with 3.8.1 or whether
there’s some other upgrade I need to do, because status monitoring is rather
good to have. Also, OpenNebula when starts seems to now also start Sunstone.
Can you clarify whether there’s the possibility that this error about
OpenNebula being dead would also impact Sunstone status? It seems to be one
merged service now. I see opennebula-sunstone as an init script but Sunstone
seems to be running just fine without me actually starting it.

Thanks Tino! We spoke on the phone towards the end of last year by the way.
Good to see you on the lists as well!
Jon

--

Hi Alberto,

This may come from "status" not being implemented for the opennebula
init script in the particular linux flavour you are using. What
distribution and version are you on?

Also, did you install ONE from the distro packages or did you download
them from opennebula.org?

Best,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc
Project Engineer

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Alberto Losada
<alberto.losada at scytl.com
> Hi *;
>
> Everytime I ask for status to opennebula I receive a dead but subsys
locked.
> However, it seems to be working fine.
>
> [root at opennebula
<http://lists.opennebula.org/listinfo.cgi/users-opennebula.org>  one]#
/etc/init.d/opennebula status
> opennebula dead but subsys locked
>

> [root at opennebula
<http://lists.opennebula.org/listinfo.cgi/users-opennebula.org>  one]# ll
/var/run/open*.pid
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9 Dec 20 09:44 /var/run/opennebula-occi.pid
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6 Dec 20 09:43 /var/run/opennebula-sunstone.pid
>
> [root at opennebula
<http://lists.opennebula.org/listinfo.cgi/users-opennebula.org>  one]# ll
/var/lock/subsys/open*