[one-users] error : virDomainDefParseXML:8303 : unknown OS type hvm

Gerry O'Brien gerry at scss.tcd.ie
Wed Feb 6 02:54:40 PST 2013

Hello Jaime,

     Below is the domain information for a VM that runs on all my hosts
except two specific one. All hosts are identical PXE boot images except
for some /var directories & files (which I have double checked to make
sure the permissions are identical). I can live migrate the VM around
all my hosts except the two where is fails with the above error message.
It to me looks like there is some additional information that is stored
in OpenNebula outside the two failing hosts, possible where '<type
arch='x86_64'>hvm</type>' is defined? Any ideas?

         Regards,
             Gerry

<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
         <name>one-3461</name>
         <cputune>
                 <shares>4096</shares>
         </cputune>
         <memory>4194304</memory>
         <os>
                 <type arch='x86_64'>hvm</type>
                 <boot dev='hd'/>
         </os>
         <devices>
                 <emulator>/usr/bin/kvm</emulator>
                 <disk type='file' device='disk'>
                         <source
file='/var/lib/one//datastores/0/3461/disk.0'/>
                         <target dev='hda'/>
                         <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='none'/>
                 </disk>
                 <interface type='bridge'>
                         <source bridge='br61'/>
                         <mac address='02:00:0a:3d:01:0d'/>
                 </interface>
                 <graphics type='vnc' listen='0.0.0.0' port='9361'/>
         </devices>
         <features>
                 <acpi/>
         </features>
</domain>

--
Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
IRELAND

00 353 1 896 1341