[one-users] missing internet connection on ubuntu vm

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 6 02:27:11 PST 2013

It seems that your dhcp server is giving all network information but
the contextualization data you are passing to the VM is incomplete.
Most probably you are lacking gateway and/or dns information.

Check that you have that info in the network template and you are
passing all the parameters in the contextualization part of the VM
template.

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:context_overview#preparing_the_template

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Sebastian Lichner <lichner89 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
> it seems like I got some issues getting my ubuntu vm connected to the
> internet. First of all I am using opennebula 3.6 and i followed this
> tutorial to create the vm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQP4NQQ9NSI
> When I boot a vm there is no eth0 entry in ifconfig. That's a bit weird but
> by executing "sudo dhclient eth0" I get the entry.
> After that the IP is usually not connected to the lease as it should be, for
> exampe it's xxx.xxx.xxx.212 instead of xxx.xxx.xxx.207. Because of that I
> downloaded (means I was connected to the internet) first the .deb
> contextualization package and the IP was set correct. But now the internet
> connection seems to be broken!? I can't connect to the sourcelists to update
> apt-get for example. I also tried the contextualization via the script
> vmcontext.sh but still the same issue. Can anybody help me out?
>
> Best regards

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula