[one-users] OpenNebula 3.8 Virtualbox Sandbox error

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Feb 1 03:24:41 PST 2013

Hello,

I have just successfully tested the sandbox with the same version you have:
VirtualBox 4.2.6 and it works for me. Could it be a misconfiguration issue?
could you review the list of options detailed here:
http://opennebula.org/cloud:sandboxvirtualbox
and try again? for instance, selecting a 64-bit VM, etc...

Also, have you double checked the md5 for the downloaded (compressed) file?
it should be:
565b5fcb0f952d20aacb090003cf1bbf  opennebula-3.8-sandbox.vdi.bz2

if that doesn't work, could you send us the domain file of that VM (a .vbox
file)? you would typically find it in ~/VirtualBox
VMs/opennebula-sandbox/opennebula-sandbox.vbox

cheers,
Jaime

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Enrique Almonte <qslash.pe at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi ,
>
> I have an error when I try to start the VirtualBox Image downloaded from
> the opennebula website,
> looks like that i received a kernel panic:
>

> Im using VirtualBox 4.2.6, I tried with the three kernel in the grub menu
> receiving the same error .
>
> Anyone have any ideas of what could it be ?
>
> Enrique.

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org