[one-users] Hybrid Cloud (OpenNebula + Amazon EC2)

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Dec 18 04:08:10 PST 2013

Hi,

On 17 December 2013 09:53, M Fazli A Jalaluddin
<fazli.jalaluddin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to ask some questions, it might sound silly but here goes;
>
> 1. I have very little knowledge about hybrid cloud, so I watched this
> youtube video [1] and the question is, the VM that was instantiated is
> resides on EC2 or OpenNebula?

In that video the vms are instantiated in OpenNebula using the EC2
interface. The use case you are looking for is a cloudbursting scenario,
you can see an example in the following video, where the VMS are
instantiated in Amazon using OpenNebula:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v76FTfglhIs

> 2. If the VM is on EC2, is it free or I have to pay per use? Also can I
> accessed it from anywhere (public cloud) provided I have Internet
> connection?

It depends on the instance-type/ami.. you are using, you should check the
Amazon pricing.

> 3. As far as I know, EC2 use .ami image. Do I have to convert my image
> from .qcow2 to .ami?

You can use any of the available public amis in Amazon or upload your own
one.

Cheers

> Thank you
>
> Best regards,