[one-users] Opennebula 4.4 - System Datastore cannot be used

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Dec 12 04:20:27 PST 2013

Hi Pascal,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Pascal Petsch <pascal.petsch at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm facing a problem when creating a new VM since the update from One 4.2
> 4.4.
> The sched.log tells me the following:
>
> Thu Dec 12 12:24:31 2013 [SCHED][D]: VM 573: Local Datastore 109 in Host 9
> filtered out. Not enough capacity.
> Thu Dec 12 12:24:31 2013 [SCHED][I]: VM 573: No suitable System DS found
for
> Host: 9. Filtering out host.
>
> Everything worked fine before and there is more than enough space left on
> the disk.

If the DS path does not exist (/var/lib/one/datastores/109), the scheduler
will use the storage reported by the host in /var/lib/one/datastores.

The storage that the scheduler is considering can be seen with   onehost
show 0 -x | grep FREE_DISK.
sched.log should also contain the MB that the VM is requesting from the
system DS.

> Shouldn't the directory be created automatically?

The first deployment will create the dir. From that point, the monitored
storage will be reported in the onedatastore output.

Regards.
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula