[one-users] How to use ceph filesystem

Jaime Melis jmelis at c12g.com
Wed Dec 11 09:51:13 PST 2013

Hi Mario,

yes, the problem is that the datastore space reported by Ceph is the
aggregate of all the pools, you can't ask for the available space of a
specific pool, as far as I know.

Happy to hear it worked in the end.

Cheers,
Jaime

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry I this is my fault.
> I have created an rbd called "one" and not a pool.
> Now I created a pool called "one" and it works.
> Please note that I have found it only looking in logs for an error of
> qemu-img command.
> The gui gave me the correct size of the filesystem even without pool "one"
> created so I supposed that all was ok.
>

> 2013/12/10 Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco at gmail.com>
>
>> I have checked  the frontend node as oneadmin user. I have tried "ceph
>> -w" "ceph status" "ceph rbd ls" and these commands work.
>> I have also added user oneadmin to "disk" group.
>> All these checks are ok but I am not able to add nothing to ceph "one"
>> rbd.
>>
>> With previous installation of 4.2 and same ceph it was all ok.
>>

>> 2013/12/1 kenneth samonte <kenneth at apolloglobal.net>
>>
>>> The first requirement is that the front end node is able to communicate
>>> with the ceph cluster.
>>> Veriy it by loggin in as the oneadmin user and issue the command "ceph
>>> -w".
>>> The ceph cluster shoul respond HEALTH_OK.
>>> Then define it as a datastore in openebula as an image datastore. No
>>> further confiuration needed and when you uplaod images to he front end, you
>>> should choose the ceph image to save the omages in rbd format.
>>>

>>> Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am a newbie but I would like to try opennebula with ceph filesystem.
>>>
>>> I start with default opennebula installation with three datastores:
>>> system, default and files.
>>>
>>> Now, even if they are configured as "shared" they are not an nfs mount,
>>> simply directories on  the disk.
>>>
>>> Now I have installed ceph, I have created a ceph rbd and datastore but
>>> then?
>>>
>>> Should I delete existing repositories? How can I replace them with ceph?
>>>
>>> Do I need to replace them?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mario

Jaime Melis
C12G Labs - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
http://www.c12g.com | jmelis at c12g.com

--

Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is