[one-users] VM State Pending and Stuck in it

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Dec 9 10:07:24 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Documented Facts
<documentedfacts at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had a small testing cloud that has set up with OpenNebula 4.2 with Xen
> hypervisor. I have completely remove OSes and intall OpenNebula 4.4 with
> fresh Operating Systems. After I created a virtual machine it does not move
> beyond "PENDING" state. My hosts has not assign to a any cluster so it
> might be in default cluster (-). Please help me to overcome this problem.

You should have a SCHED_MESSAGE in the VM template with the reason. The
scheduler log file /var/log/one/sched.log will also have more useful
information.

> I also need some clarifications for update data system store
>
> What is  "SHARED="NO" " in system datastore update ? I have assigned it
> with "NO" since I use SSH data store.
>
> SHARED="NO"
> TM_MAD="ssh"
> TYPE="SYSTEM_DS"

That's a configuration attribute set by OpenNebula, you don't need to
change it.

Regards.

--
Carlos Martín, MSc