[one-users] contextualization and windows powershell

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu Aug 29 10:16:33 PDT 2013

We chosen to use single quotes as the double quotes could be interpreted by
the shell and break the contextualization in some cases [1].

It seems that this change is giving more problems than we thought and we
are planning on generating two versions, one with single quotes and another
with double quotes [2].

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1781
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2287

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Michael Curran <
michael.curran at connectsolutions.com> wrote:

>  Separate thread so it gathers the right attention ---****
>
> ** **
>
> Found an issue -- which might not be one in *NIX , but apparently is in
> windows -- and hopefully its just the way I am calling out the variable??*
> ***
>
> ** **
>
> I have ****
>
> ** **
>
> HOSTNAME="$NAME" ****
>
> ** **
>
> In my VM template -- this creates the following entry in the context.sh***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> HOSTNAME='some-name'****
>
> ** **
>
> The windows powershell script I am using from the IEETA pages shows****
>
> ** **
>
> HOSTNAME=$NAME ****
>
> ** **
>
> And their context.sh shows****
>
> ** **
>
> HOSTNAME=some-host****
>
> ** **
>
> Working with their PS script I found that windows wont interpret the
> HOSTNAME=some-name , unless the variable looks like this
> HOSTNAME="some-name" in context.sh ****
>
> ** **
>
> OpenNebula creates the variable with only single quotes, not double quotes
> -- am I missing something in declaring the variable in the template??****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Michael Curran | connectsolutions | Lead Network Architect****
>
> Phone 614.568.2285 | Mobile 614.403.6320 | www.connectsolutions.com****
>
> ** **

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 in Berlin from the 24th to the 26th of
September 2013!

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan