[one-users] contextualization and windows powershell

Michael Curran michael.curran at connectsolutions.com
Thu Aug 29 06:11:37 PDT 2013

Separate thread so it gathers the right attention ---

Found an issue -- which might not be one in *NIX , but apparently is in windows -- and hopefully its just the way I am calling out the variable??

I have

HOSTNAME="$NAME"

In my VM template -- this creates the following entry in the context.sh

HOSTNAME='some-name'

The windows powershell script I am using from the IEETA pages shows

HOSTNAME=$NAME

And their context.sh shows

HOSTNAME=some-host

Working with their PS script I found that windows wont interpret the HOSTNAME=some-name , unless the variable looks like this HOSTNAME="some-name" in context.sh

OpenNebula creates the variable with only single quotes, not double quotes -- am I missing something in declaring the variable in the template??

Michael Curran | connectsolutions | Lead Network Architect
Phone 614.568.2285 | Mobile 614.403.6320 | www.connectsolutions.com<http://www.connectsolutions.com>