[one-users] Cannot contact server: is it running and reachable?

kenneth at apolloglobal.net kenneth at apolloglobal.net
Mon Aug 12 00:26:26 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

* [sunstone-oned] Is the connection
between sunstone-server and oned fast?

- The sunstone server and oned
is on the same physical server. I'm no longer using the KVM sandbox. The
front end have a dedicated machine.
* [sunstone] Check if the nokogiri
gem is installed in the physical machine where sunstone-server is
running, if it's not installed rexml will be used by default (a bit
slower)
- I ran install_gems and everything went was installed except
for the nokogiri. Here is the error. Any way to fix this?

rake="/usr/bin/rake" gem install --no-ri --no-rdoc nokogiri
ERROR:
Error installing nokogiri:
nokogiri requires Ruby version >=
1.9.2.
Error executing rake="/usr/bin/rake" gem install --no-ri
--no-rdoc nokogiri

* [sunstone] Using ruby 1.9 instead of 1.8
- I'm
running ubuntu and tried this. Notification Error is still showing.

2013 07:52, <kenneth at apolloglobal.net> wrote:

>> Hi all,

just installed OpenNebula a few days ago. It is running fine, but every
minute or so this message appears on the lower right of the OpenNebula
webmin page. It is a notification bubble. It also appears when I used
the KVM sandbox from the opennebula website. Now that the front end is
in a seperate physical machine, the notification still appears.

"Error

>> Cannot contact server: is it running and reachable?"
>>

>> Although the notification appears, all features (as far as my
testing go) are working as expected. No errors yet.
>> Should be alarmed
of this message? Is there a way to remove this notification. I don't
want my boss to see this notification when the cluster is in production
environment.

> This error appears when the browser cannot contact the
sunstone-server or the request takes more than expected and the timeout
is reached. To improve the response time:
> * [sunstone-oned] Is the
connection between sunstone-server and oned fast?
> * [sunstone] Check
if the nokogiri gem is installed in the physical machine where
sunstone-server is running, if it's not installed rexml will be used by
default (a bit slower)
> * [sunstone] Using ruby 1.9 instead of 1.8

* [sunstone] By default sunstone-server runs using the thin server, in a
production environment it's recommended to use passenger + apache/nginx
instead. [1] * [oned] Use mysql instead of sqlite as oned backend. [2]

> Hope this helps
>
> [1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:suns_advance#running_sunstone_inside_another_webserver
[2]
> [2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:mysql [3]

Thanks!

Users at lists.opennebula.org

> Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 [4] in Berlin, 24-26 September,
2013
> -- Daniel Molina
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - The Open
Source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
> www.OpenNebula.org [5]
| dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

Links:
------