[one-users] How to configure virtual networks in OpenNebula 4.0

Jon three18ti at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 14:10:04 PDT 2013

Hello All,

Can you please provide some guidance as to what I'm doing wrong.

I've added both,  "ETH0_GATEWAY / ETH0_NETMASK" and "NETWORK_ADDRESS /
NETWORK_MASK" custom attributes to my virtual network configuration as
outlined in the docs I was pointed to:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:cong

However, the VM still comes up with a gateway of .1 and netmask of
255.255.255.0

Also, these attributes are not reflected in the running VMs templage:

CPU="0.5"
GRAPHICS=[
  LISTEN="0.0.0.0",
  PORT="5953",
  TYPE="VNC" ]
MEMORY="1024"
NAME="one-53"
TEMPLATE_ID="4"
VCPU="2"
VMID="53"

So I'm thinking there's something wrong with my network configuration
because the correct network information is not being passed from the
virtual network config to the VM config.

Can someone point me in the correct direction please?

Thanks,
Jon A

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Ruben S. Montero <rsmontero at opennebula.org