[one-users] Best way to migrate datastores 0 & 1 to new storage area

Alexandre Bezroutchko abb at gremwell.com
Mon Apr 22 12:38:18 PDT 2013

On 04/22/2013 03:33 PM, Gerry O'Brien wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
>     Thanks for the interesting reply. We are running kvm/qemu so I'm
> not sure how this would work for us although we may use it in out
> Citrix infrastructure. I have a question: after the xNDB proxy is
> shutdown and restarted where does the cache get stored?
Probably "cache.img" file you specify as an argument to 'xnbd-server
--proxy ...' command.

>     In our OpenNebula installation, is it possible to switch system
> the datastore from 0 to some other datastore without interruption?
I'm not an OpenNebula expert by a long shot, hope other people will
correct me if I'm wrong. My guess is Opennebula will not like the idea
of you messing with datastore containing images used by live VMs. On
another hand, even if you shut down Opennebula completely, it will not
affect already running VMs. So you will be free to migrate your VMs
around and remount/reformat filesystems. Just put everything back in
place before you restart OpenNebula again. Might work, but it is not
something I have tried myself.