[one-users] combining network drivers

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Apr 11 02:19:33 PDT 2013

Hi Alexandre,

Basically what you need to know is that every network driver has three
scripts: pre/post/clean. You can call any functionality whatsoever from
within those scripts.

In particular I recommend you reuse the 802.1q driver, if you take a look
here [1]

pre: during the pre stage the HostManaged (OpenNebulaHM) driver is called,
which creates the bridge and the vlan tagged physical interface
post: at this stage the firewall drivers are called

You can of course add any extra calls in those scripts.

Alternatively, you can add add a new set of drivers (cp
-r /var/lib/one/remotes/vnm/802.1Q/ /var/lib/one/remotes/vnm/802.1Q_route)
and edit those. Remember that your host needs to have 802.1Q_route as the
VNM driver (delete the host and recreate it).

[1] https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/tree/master/src/vnm_mad/remotes/802.1Q

regards,
Jaime

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Alexandre Bezroutchko <abb at gremwell.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to implement custom network driver which will configure
> vlans, iptables, and ip routing on the node. I intend to reuse
> functionality of existing 802.1Q and fw drivers and probably write a
> custom driver to create additional routes. So my question is how to
> combine functionality of several drivers, what network/template syntax I
> need to use? Opennebula documentation [1] for fw driver suggests this is
> possible:
> > This Virtual Machine Network Manager driver can be used individually,
> > or combined with the isolation features of either 802.1Q or ebtables.
> Are there any examples of doing the same?
>
> [1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.6:firewall
>
> Best regards,
> Alex

Jaime Melis