[one-users] Unable to clone virtual disk : A general system error occurred: Insufficient permission to access file

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Sep 18 07:02:26 PDT 2012

Dear Ingo,

It looks indeed like a permissions problem. Let's check.

  * the id of oneadmin in the OpenNebula front-end and ESX is 10000?
  * can you do a "touch /vmfs/volumes/srvcloudonevar" in the ESX?

Not sure about this, but you should try without the leading slash:

vmkfstools -username root -password redhat123 -server esxi01 -i
'[srvcloudonevar] images/disk.vmdk' -d
thin '[srvcloudonevar] images/disk1.vmdk'

Hope it helps
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Engineer