[one-users] Datastore maintenance

André Monteiro andre.monteir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:30:27 PDT 2012

Hi Jaime,

For the datastore maintenance, I've stopped all VMs on ONE 3.6 and all
images were saved with checkpoint. I upgraded to ONE 3.8.1 and
re-established the disk paths and NFS, and all machines resumed well!

I just had one problem on 3.8.1 migration, registered images don't work
with current .../remotes/tm/shared/ln script.

Sat Oct 27 12:41:39 2012 [TM][E]: clone: Command "cd
/opt/opennebula/var/datastores/0/143; cp -r
/opt/opennebula/var/datastores/ubuntu/snapshot.qcow2
/opt/opennebula/var/datastores/0/143/disk.0" failed: cp: cannot stat
`/opt/opennebula/var/datastores/ubuntu/snapshot.qcow2': No such file or
directory

My DATASTORE_LOCATION is correct - "/opt/opennebula/var/datastores" -  but
my registered image source was
"/opt/opennebula_shared/golden-images/ubuntu/snapshow.qcow2" and the
.../remotes/tm/shared/ln script converted into
"/opt/opennebula/var/datastores/ubuntu/snapshot.qcow2". I've looked into
the script and I don't see how it can use images on some user folder, I had
to change it:

#modification by Andre Monteiro on 3.8.1 on /var/remotes/tm/shared/ln and
clone scripts on line 53
if [[ "$SRC" == *datastore* ]]; then
   SRC_PATH="${DST_DS_PATH}${SRC_ARG_PATH##$SRC_DS_PATH}"
else
   SRC_PATH=${SRC#*:}

André Monteiro