[one-users] ACLs and CONTEXT parameters

Steffen Claus steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de
Fri Oct 26 05:53:53 PDT 2012

Hi,
i have a general question regarding the handling of VM-templates with CONTEXT parameters.
I know that the owner has to be either "oneadmin" or a member of the "oneadmin" group.
Since ONE 3.4 it is possible to grant USE-rights on such templates for normal users.
So far, so good.

But now I would also like to change the owner of the template to a normal user. Why is this not possible? What are the main concerns that led to the decision to only allow "oneadmin" to define CONTEXT parameters, respectively, possess templates with such parameters? Are there any best practices how to handle this problem?

BR,
Steffen Claus

--
Steffen Claus

Fraunhofer-Institut für Algorithmen und Wissenschaftliches Rechnen (SCAI)
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin
Tel: +49 2241 14-2511
steffen.claus at scai.fraunhofer.de