[one-users] Old Vms directory not deleted - DB compromised

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 4 06:07:58 PDT 2012

Hi,

The VMs themselves are not deleted, just moved to the DONE state. You can
still execute a onevm show <id> and see the information of deleted VMs. To
be consistent with this, we also leave the directories and log files (note
that the disks and checkpoint files are stored in the system datastore).

About the Image, looks like the DB got corrupted. Did you have any problem
with your front-end machine, like a full disk, or hard reset?
Anyway, to change the RUNNING_VMS attribute manually you need to:
- stop opennebula: one stop

- get the body column of your image from the DB. Assuming you use sqlite:
$ sqlite3 /var/lib/one/one.db "select body from image_pool where oid=<id>;"
Copy the text, and change the running vms xml element:
<RUNNING_VMS>0</RUNNING_VMS>

- update the DB
 $ sqlite3 /var/lib/one/one.db 'update image_pool set
body="<IMAGE>........</IMAGE>" where oid=<id>;'

Restart opennebula, and then you should be able to delete the Image

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Engineer