[one-users] no vnc proxy running opennebula sunstone

Hector Sanjuan lists at convivencial.org
Sun Nov 11 08:57:30 PST 2012

Hello,

the name of some config options have changed since 3.2. The install script
will not replace the value if it is not in the file.

Apart from that

:vnc_proxy_base_port: 0
:vnc_proxy_support_wss: yes (without providing path to the certs)

does not make much sense.

For the VNC configuration, the UI settings of your file should look like
in the original config file:

Sunstone:
http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/one-3.8/entry/src/sunstone/etc/sunstone-server.conf

Self-Service:
http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/one-3.8/entry/src/cloud/occi/etc/occi-server.conf

Stop sunstone/self-service, check that no websockify python process has
been left running in the machine.

Once there, run the install_novnc.sh script provided with 3.8. The script
will download the necessary files and update the configs. You can go back
to the configs to check it is fine. i.e. sunstone-server.conf here:

:vnc_proxy_port: 29876
:vnc_proxy_path: /srv/cloud/one/share/websockify/websocketproxy.py
:vnc_proxy_support_wss: no
:vnc_proxy_cert:
:vnc_proxy_key:

(Sunstone documentation page has more info of what each of these values
mean)

Restart Sunstone/Selfservice. It should be able to connect to the VM.
Otherwise, there is a troubleshooting section at:

  http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:sunstone#vnc_troubleshooting

You can always get back to the list for further support,

Hector

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:41:33 +0100, Anouar Znagui Hassani
<anouarzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> After wasting many hours of research I would like to ask a question
> regarding the installation and usage of noVNC webproxy in order to open
> a graphical window to my running VM.
> When I start my VM I get the status "RUNNING" so that is good. When I
> click the noVNC icon I get the message "no vnc proxy running".
>
> I started out installing opennebula 3.2 but then I upgraded to
> opennebula 3.8
> I have installed it on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS.
>
> I have installed noVNC using the instal_novnc.sh.
> It should have updated the configuration files but it did not because
> when I open /etc/one/sunstone-server.conf and /etc/one/occi-server.conf
> I notice that the novnc proxy path is not updated.
>
> Can you please help me with getting noVNC to work?
>
> Sunstone-server.conf:
>
> # VNC Configuration
> :vnc_proxy_base_port: 0
> :novnc_path: /usr/share/opennebula/websockify/websocketproxy.py
>
> # Default language setting
> :lang: en_US
>
> Occi-server.config:
>
> :vnc_enable: yes
>
> :vnc_proxy_port: 0
> :vnc_proxy_path: /usr/share/opennebula/websockify/websocketproxy.py
> :vnc_proxy_support_wss: yes
> :vnc_proxy_cert:
> :vnc_proxy_key:
>
> # dpkg -l | grep novnc
> ii  novnc 2012.1~e3+dfsg+1-2                         HTML5 VNC client
> ii  python-novnc 2012.1~e3+dfsg+1-2                         HTML5 VNC
> client - libraries
>
> Thank you!!

Hector Sanjuan
@hecsanjuan