[one-users] no vnc proxy running opennebula sunstone

Anouar Znagui Hassani anouarzh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 04:41:33 PST 2012

Hello Guys,

After wasting many hours of research I would like to ask a question
regarding the installation and usage of noVNC webproxy in order to open
a graphical window to my running VM.
When I start my VM I get the status "RUNNING" so that is good. When I
click the noVNC icon I get the message "no vnc proxy running".

I started out installing opennebula 3.2 but then I upgraded to
opennebula 3.8
I have installed it on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS.

I have installed noVNC using the instal_novnc.sh.
It should have updated the configuration files but it did not because
when I open /etc/one/sunstone-server.conf and /etc/one/occi-server.conf
I notice that the novnc proxy path is not updated.

Can you please help me with getting noVNC to work?

Sunstone-server.conf:

# VNC Configuration
:vnc_proxy_base_port: 0
:novnc_path: /usr/share/opennebula/websockify/websocketproxy.py

# Default language setting
:lang: en_US

Occi-server.config:

:vnc_enable: yes

:vnc_proxy_port: 0
:vnc_proxy_path: /usr/share/opennebula/websockify/websocketproxy.py
:vnc_proxy_support_wss: yes
:vnc_proxy_cert:
:vnc_proxy_key:

# dpkg -l | grep novnc
ii  novnc 2012.1~e3+dfsg+1-2                         HTML5 VNC client
ii  python-novnc 2012.1~e3+dfsg+1-2                         HTML5 VNC
client - libraries

Thank you!!