[one-users] Multiple VMs and multiple Network IPs among several hosts

Carlos Jiménez cjimenez at eneotecnologia.com
Thu Nov 8 09:21:04 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have one computer acting as a frontend running OpenNebula 3.8 and 2
hosts running KVM. Each hosts has a NIC and a bridge interface on it. If
I configure each VM with an IP on the same network as the hosts, it runs
fine. However, if I configure different networks on each host, I should
use routing on the host. How does OpenNebula deal with hosts clustering
when we have an scenario with routing among the hosts?
We create a VM on each host with an IP of a network A, and another VM on
each host with an IP of a Network B. Then, how does the router
identifies which is the right gateway/host to reach network A and B?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.