[one-users] Monitoring of cloud management events?

Frank Doelitzscher doelitz at hs-furtwangen.de
Thu Nov 1 03:00:26 PDT 2012

Dear OpenNebula user community,

I am a PhD research student from Furtwangen University, Germany and we
are running an university wide IaaS cloud infrastructure powered by
OpenNebula here. So far OpenNebula is doing a good job, great work!

I was looking for some possibilities to collect and monitor cloud
management system (CMS) activities, such as:
* User <userid> "creates/suspends/stops/migrates" VM of template
<template-id>
* VMs per user
* Information of user specific CMS activity: list instances
* User access to cloud instances
* Historic data of user activities

I could collect some of these data with a periodic onevm list command,
and by parsing the oned.log file, but I wanted to ask first, if there
may be already something available which provides that kind of information?

I also looked into OpenNebula's ganglia integration, but this seems more
like a VM health monitoring system to me?

Does anybody already monitor such events and maybe even visualize them?

Kind regards
Frank

--
Frank Doelitzscher