[one-users] some vmware performance suggestion for openenbula3.4

Tino Vazquez tinova at opennebula.org
Fri May 18 05:34:06 PDT 2012

Hi,

comments inline,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:57 AM, 张光鹏 <zhanggp at neusoft.com> wrote:

> **
> Hi, all
> I have realized the opennebula3.4 integration of the work through the opennebula3.4
> of vmware driver guidance,but i have some suggestions :
> 1. onevm delete one-60
> openenbula3.4 delete vm action: openenbula3.4 will
> delete  virtual machine's image files , but will not delete the virtual
> machine's info from vCenter's dataList;
> Although it won't do function of the use of impact , but we will left some
> data like"one-60(孤立的)",when to delete operation more and more
> ,dirty data is more and more。
> So,i suggest openenbula delete vCenter‘s vm info when it delete vm。And,you
> can't use "virsh -c esx://xxx" this way ,but with the "virsh -c vpx://xx"
> way, because "esx" way
> can't find the vm'info. You just nedd to add one command to undefine the
> deleted vm from vCenter.

OpenNebula just uses vCenter for live migration purposes. If this is the
usual configuration of VMware, then we can think about housekeeping the
vCenter. What do you use vCenter for?

> 2. onevnet delete 1
> openenbula3.4 vnet action: I admit openbula do well to add a virtual
> dynamic network ,When I create a virtual machine, it will help me create a
> corresponding virtual port group
> using the specified vlan_id. And When I migrate a virtual machine, it will help
> me create another host virtual port group using the specified vlan_id.
> But When I delete this virtual network, virtual port group created will
> remain on the part of the host. So I suggest to delete this virtual
> network,
> the way to remove those host virtual port group.
> You just need to run some command like --delete-pg .It's very simple, but we
> will feel very complete, is not?

We've taken the decision of not erasing the port groups because we thought
that it doesn't affect performance (but it imposes a penalty on the delete
operation). Do you know if keeping them there hinders performance? If so,
we will erase them.

> The above comments are the problems encountered in the experiment, I hope
> that can help improve openenbula.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! This is the useful stuff that helps
OpenNebula to grow.

Regards,

-Tino