[one-users] some vmware performance suggestion for openenbula3.4

张光鹏 zhanggp at neusoft.com
Thu May 17 19:57:22 PDT 2012

Hi, all
I have realized the opennebula3.4 integration of the work through the opennebula3.4 of vmware driver guidance,but i have some suggestions :
1. onevm delete one-60
openenbula3.4 delete vm action: openenbula3.4 will delete  virtual machine's image files , but will not delete the virtual machine's info from vCenter's dataList;
Although it won't do function of the use of impact , but we will left some data like"one-60(孤立的)",when to delete operation more and more ,dirty data is more and more。
So,i suggest openenbula delete vCenter‘s vm info when it delete vm。And,you can't use "virsh -c esx://xxx" this way ,but with the "virsh -c vpx://xx"  way, because "esx" way
can't find the vm'info. You just nedd to add one command to undefine the deleted vm from vCenter.
2. onevnet delete 1
openenbula3.4 vnet action: I admit openbula do well to add a virtual dynamic network ,When I create a virtual machine, it will help me create a corresponding virtual port group
using the specified vlan_id. And When I migrate a virtual machine, it will help me create another host virtual port group using the specified vlan_id.
But When I delete this virtual network, virtual port group created will remain on the part of the host. So I suggest to delete this virtual network,
the way to remove those host virtual port group.
You just need to run some command like --delete-pg .It's very simple, but we will feel very complete, is not?

The above comments are the problems encountered in the experiment, I hope that can help improve openenbula.

Thanks.

张光鹏
tel:  13718913184
mail: zhanggp at neusoft.com
移动互联网事业部

东软集团股份有限公司
http://www.neusoft.com
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.