[one-users] Fault Tolerance

fc lists fclists at pr-z.info
Thu May 17 12:38:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

1) The documentation page about fault taulerance is quite explicative about
the point.

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:ftguide

You can use the internal one hook system to deal with different kind of
failure.

Also there is a plugin on the dev communit site to deal with UNKWON states

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1144#change-2930

Note that i never tested either of them. I always been scared of this kind
of solutions ... Too many different variables in "my kind" of failures to
let a script deal with it. Guess it really depends on what run on your VM.

2) This can be easily achieved with an external monitoring and restart
handler for the "oned" part of the management node ... nagios would do
that.
Mysql redundancy is your choise ... multimaster replication or mysql
cluster, wich is also documented on the web

site
https://support.opennebula.pro/entries/20400286-opennebula-with-mysql-cluster-for-high-availability

The beauty of opennebula , and the reason why i choosed it over the others,
is the simplicity of its components that makes indeed so easy to manage and
adapt.

cheers
fc