[one-users] Added VM IP adresses to the list of VMs in sunstone

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed May 16 01:45:12 PDT 2012

Hi Jhon,

Thank you for sharing your code! Users of OpenNebula 3.4 should already see
an IP column in the VM tab [1].

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Jhon Masschelein <jhon.masschelein at sara.nl>
 wrote:

> We also removed the CPU and MEMORY columns because those values were very
> confusing for our users. They asked for 20 cpu cores and in the list it
> sais '1'. It was unclear that this was "usage".

This kind of feedback is really appreciated. We are thinking about how to
present more clearly to new users the meaning of CPU and VCPU, and CPU and
MEMORY monitorization.

Anyway, since we bill by resource allocation and not usage (we do not
> over-commit), that info was not very useful anyway.
>

> I did try to put the requested amount of CPU in there instead, however the
> vm object in that function does not have that value in the TEMPLATE array,
> which I found strange... (MEMORY is present btw.)

The attribute VM/TEMPLATE/CPU should exist if the user defined the CPU in
the template. But CPU is an optional value.
You said that you bill by resource allocation; are you taking into account
this optional attribute?

If you bill users depending on the CPU and MEMORY attributes, maybe
opennebula should provide a way to make any attribute mandatory... We could
add a new section to oned.conf, similar to the restricted attributes [2]
(introduced in 3.4). For example,

VM_MANDATORY_ATT = "CPU"

Regards

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1181