[one-users] Help with sunstone authentication

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon May 7 08:35:07 PDT 2012

Hello Robert,

this is indeed a bug, a race condition as you have suggested. We have
created an issue in order to fix it:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1269

In the mean time, introducing a sleep 5 after oned starts or right before
sunstone server starts should fix the problem.

Thanks for reporting this.

Cheers,
Jaime

> Well sunstone is running on the same machine, and
> /var/lib/one/.one/sunstone_**auth exists.
>
> Could it be that there is some kind of race condition?
>
> When I manually start the sunstone service (systemctl start
> sunstone.service) it starts. But when this is suppossed to happen
> automatically it appears to fail consistently.
>
> I take it sunstone does communicate with oned somehow? If this is the case
> I suspect sunstone finds the port it is looking for to be unresponsive and
> just exits. It would be great to have a timeout and retry feature. If
> sunstone cannot connect to oned, wait 5 seconds then try again. Maybe 5
> times for a total of 25 second delay before potential failure.
>
> Thoughts?
>

> Thanks,
> Robert
>

> --
> Robert Schweikert                           MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
> SUSE-IBM Software Integration Center                   LINUX
> Tech Lead
> rjschwei at suse.com
> rschweik at ca.ibm.com
> 781-464-8147