[one-users] Help with sunstone authentication

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Fri May 4 13:17:00 PDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 02:35 PM, Daniel Molina wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On 4 May 2012 20:11, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei at suse.com
> <mailto:rjschwei at suse.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 05/04/2012 01:58 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         Trying to run sunstone I get the following error ins the log file:
>
>         ------------------------------__--------
>         Server configuration
>         ------------------------------__--------
>         {:vnc_proxy_cert=>nil,
>         :auth=>"sunstone",
>         :vnc_proxy_path=>nil,
>         :vnc_proxy_key=>nil,
>         :vnc_proxy_support_wss=>false,
>         :debug_level=>3,
>         :one_xmlrpc=>"http://__localhost:2633/RPC2
>         <http://localhost:2633/RPC2>",
>         :host=>"127.0.0.1",
>         :vnc_proxy_base_port=>29876,
>         :core_auth=>"cipher",
>         :port=>9869,
>         :lang=>"en_US"}
>         Fri May 04 13:06:04 2012 [E]: Error initializing authentication
>         system
>         Fri May 04 13:06:04 2012 [E]: [UserPoolInfo] User couldn't be
>         authenticated, aborting call.
>
>         Any idea whats going on?
>
>         The server is suppossde to be launched via systemd, using the
>         following
>         service file:
>
>         [Unit]
>         Description=OpenNebula Web UI Server
>         After=syslog.target
>         After=network.target
>         After=one.service
>         After=one_scheduler.service
>         BindTo=one.service
>         !ConditionFileExists=/var/__lock/one/.sunstone.lock
>
>         [Service]
>         ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/ruby
>         /usr/lib/one/sunstone/__sunstone-server.rb >
>         /var/log/one/sunstone.log 2>&1"
>         ExecStop=/bin/kill -INT $MAINPID
>         PIDFile=/var/run/one/sunstone.__pid
>         Type=simple
>         Group=cloud
>         User=oneadmin
>
>         [Install]
>         WantedBy=multi-user.target
>

>         This worked in 3.2.1 but is now broken with 3.4.1. I am testing
>         and am
>         trying to get the 3.4.1 packages out of the :Testing project and
>         into
>         the main (Virtualization:Cloud:__OpenNebula) project in OBS.
>
>         Help is appreciated.
>

>     Follow up question. Does sunstone now need the ONE_AUTH variable set?
>

> Sunstone does not require ONE_AUTH variable set.
>
> When Sunstone starts it will use the credentials specified in the
> "/var/lib/one/.one/sunstone_auth" file. This file contains the
> serveradmin credentials ("serveradmin:password" where password is the
> plain version of the serveradmin pass) This file is generated in the
> first OpenNebula deployment, if Sunstone is running in a different
> machine this file has to be manually created.

Well sunstone is running on the same machine, and
/var/lib/one/.one/sunstone_auth exists.

Could it be that there is some kind of race condition?

When I manually start the sunstone service (systemctl start
sunstone.service) it starts. But when this is suppossed to happen
automatically it appears to fail consistently.

I take it sunstone does communicate with oned somehow? If this is the
case I suspect sunstone finds the port it is looking for to be
unresponsive and just exits. It would be great to have a timeout and
retry feature. If sunstone cannot connect to oned, wait 5 seconds then
try again. Maybe 5 times for a total of 25 second delay before potential
failure.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Robert