[one-users] infiniband

Guba Sándor gubasanyi at gmail.com
Sat May 5 13:01:01 PDT 2012

Hi

I'm using InfiniBand to make shared storage. My setup is simple: the
opennebula installdir is shared on NFS with the worker nodes.

- I don't understand what you mean on shared image. There will be a copy
(or symlink if the image is persistent) on the NFS host and that is that
the hypervisor will use over the network. Live migrate is available
beacuse you don't move the image only another host will use it from the
same spot. With my linux images I have about 30s delay when livemigrate.
You can use qcow2 driver for shared image.

- I don't understant exactly what you mean on "guest unaware". If you
mean storage - host connection it has nothing to do with nebula. You can
use any shared filesystem. NFS uses IPoIB connection.