[one-users] infiniband

Chris Barry cbarry at rjmetrics.com
Sat May 5 10:01:11 PDT 2012

Greetings,

I'm interested in hearing user accounts about using infiniband as the
storage interconnect with OpenNebula if anyone has any thoughts to share.
Specifically about:
* using a shared image and live migrating it (e.g. no copying of images).
* is the guest unaware of the infiniband or is it running IB drivers?
* does the host expose the volumes to the guest, or does the guest connect
directly?
* I'd like to avoid iSCSI over IPoIB if possible.
* clustering filesystem/LVM requirements.
* file-based vdisk or logical volume usage?

Anything, an experiences at all will be helpful.

Thanks
Christopher